Canon XF200 HD Camcorder
- 1920 x 1080, 1/2.84" CMOS Sensor
- 20x Zoom with Zoom, Focus, Iris Rings
- 50Mbps MPEG-2 & 35Mbps MP4 Recording
Canon XF200 HD Camcorder is a compact, ergonomically friendly camera that is suitable for traditional multi-camera productions as well as ENG/event style coverage, independent and documentary filmmaking. The camera features a 1/2.84" CMOS sensor that captures 1920 x 1080 video at various frame rates up to 59.94p, including a 24p mode for a more cinematic feel. The integrated Canon 20x HD Optical zoom lens has a 35mm equivalent zoom range of 26.8 to 576mm and features an 8-bladed iris to render highlights in a more natural manner. Individual gear rings for focus, zoom, and iris on the lens itself provide you a natural way to make manual adjustments.
The camera records MPEG-2 at frame rates of 23.98/29.97p and 59.94i at up to 50Mbps, with 4:2:2 color sampling, to integrated CF card slots using an MXF wrapper that is compatible with most popular NLE systems. You can also record to an integrated SDXC card slot using the MP4 codec at frame rates up to 59.94P. The XF200 features 4-channels of audio with manual/automatic record levels with two XLR inputs and a built-in on camera microphone. The built-in hand grip features 120° of rotation, making it easier to find a comfortable shooting position.
Built-in dual-band WiFi allows you to control the cameras functions from available mobile devices as well as view footage from the camera on the devices. Proxy files can be transferred via WiFi while you are shooting new footage. The camera also incorporates an Ethernet connection, so you can transfer files directly from the camera. An HDMI output provides you with video out.
1920 X 1080 CMOS SENSOR
- The XF200 features a 1/2.84-inch HD CMOS Image Sensor that is slightly larger than a 1/3" sensor. The sensor features approximately 5% more pixels than 1920 x 1080 and records a 1920 x 1080 window from the slightly large sensor. This allows the camera to use the extra pixels for Electronic Image Stabilization and maintain the 1920 x 1080 resolution so the image isn't degraded by being blown up as with traditional EIS systems.
20X OPTICAL ZOOM LENS
- The Canon 20x HD Zoom Lens provides a zoom range with 35mm equivalent of 26.8mm-576mm and a minimum object distance of just 23.6 inches (60cm). The lens features an eight blade iris design providing out of focus highlights with a natural rounded appearance.
- The lens features three infinitely rotating rings for focus, zoom, and iris. The rings use an electronic coupling to move the lens functions but maintains a mechanically linked feel during use.
- The XF200 offers optical image stabilization (OIS) useful for reducing image blur in a wide variety of shooting situations. It also utilizes electronic image stabilization (EIS) in conjunction with the OIS providing 5-Axis image stabilization.
- The camera features focus peaking and a selectable waveform monitor display.
OLED VIEW SCREEN AND EVF
- The 3.5" Organic Light-Emitting Diode (OLED) display provides vivid color and 1.23MP resolution. The viewscreen has a viewing angle of over 80 degrees in all directions, which allows you to see a usable image even when you are off angle to the viewscreen. The Color EVF is a 0.45 inch with 1.23MP of resolution and tilts up to 45° to accommodate different shooting positions.
- The XF200 features an integrated mic and 2 XLR Line/Mic level inputs with +48V phantom power for connecting external mics.
- The camera features an HDMI output connector.
|HDMI output||Yes (Type A) HD 8-bit 4:2:2 (YPbPr) 1920x1080: 60i/59.94i/50i, 1280x720: 60p/59.94p/50p SD 8-bit 4:2:2 (YPbPr) 480: 59.94i, 576: 50i|
|Input and Output Connectors||
4K: 10-bit RGB RAW at up to 60 fps