Manfrotto 502HD Pro Video Head With 75mm Half-Ball
- For Video Tripods with 75mm Half-Balls
- Supports 8.8 lb
- Bridging Technology
- Spring-Loaded Counterbalance
- Continuously Adjustable Pan/Tilt Drag
- Pan Bar & Sliding Plate Include
The Manfrotto 502HD Pro Video Head with 75mm Half-Ball is an affordable yet remarkably full-featured professional head that represents an advance over the popular 501HDV, with sturdier construction and a half-ball for precise leveling on a corresponding tripod.
Also featuring Manfrotto's patented bridging technology (inherited from the 509HD and 504HD heads), the 502HD is designed for executing cinematic moves with compact camcorders and DSLR video cameras. It supports up to 8.8 lb, and spring-loaded counterbalance is set for that weight. The balance plate's 3.27" range allows you to correct for uneven payloads that might be due to matte boxes or exotic DSLR rig configurations.
The bridging technology ensures that the pan friction control is intuitive and easy to set, but also protected against knocks. There are of course independent locks for pan and tilt, and drag for both is selectable in a continuous range from zero to the max level. This allows you to operate the head in a confident, smooth manner using the included pan bar.
- For video tripods with 75mm half-balls
- 75mm half ball connects to the corresponding bowl in a tripod
- Pan drag and tilt drag are continuously adjustable from 0 (no drag) to the maximum level
- Sliding quick-release plate secured by secondary safety system
|Load Capacity||8.8 lb (4 kg)|
|Diameter||75mm half ball 3/8"-16 thread to which half ball connects|
|Quick Release||504PLONG plate with 1/4"-20 & 3/8"-16 screws|
|Balance Plate||504PLONG plate slides 3.27" (83.0 mm)|
|Tilt Drag||Continuously adjustable from 0 to max level|
|Tilt Range||-80° to +90° tilt range front to back|
|Weight||3.97 lb (1.8 kg)|