Nikon D3400 AF-P 18-55 VR KIT
- 24.2MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 4 Image Processor
- No Optical Low-Pass Filter
- Native ISO 100-25600; 5 fps Shooting
- 3.0" 921k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- Multi-CAM 1000 11-Point AF System
- SnapBridge Bluetooth Connectivity
- Guide Mode and Special Effects
- AF-P DX 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Lens
A sleek and now connected DSLR for all, the black Nikon D3400 is designed to produce better image quality than your smartphone, yet work seamlessly with your mobile devices for sharing your memories. Utilizing a DX-format 24.2MP CMOS sensor and EXPEED 4 image processor, this camera provides a native sensitivity range from ISO 100-25600 to suit working in a variety of lighting conditions, and the sensor and processor combination also provides a 5 fps continuous shooting rate as well as Full HD 1080p video recording at 60 fps. The sensor's design also omits an optical low-pass filter in order to achieve greater sharpness and resolution from both photos and videos.
Beyond image creation, the D3400 also features SnapBridge, which utilizes Bluetooth connectivity, for wireless sharing of images to your mobile device, including automatic sharing of 2MP images between the camera and your mobile device. The lightweight camera body incorporates a 3.0" 921k-dot LCD screen for live view monitoring and image review and, catering to first-time DSLR owners, the D3400 also features a helpful Guide Mode to aid in achieving specific photographic looks or techniques, such as how to produce shallow depth of field imagery in a helpful, step-by-step manner. Ten different Special Effects are also available in-camera to creatively refine the look of both stills and movies.
- 24.2MP DX-Format Sensor and EXPEED 4 Processor
- The 24.2 megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor and EXPEED 4 processor work together to produce overall high image quality with notable detail, dynamic range, color accuracy, and low-light sensitivity to a native ISO 25600. Additionally, the sensor's design omits an optical low-pass filter in order to acquire the greatest sharpness and detail from subjects. The EXPEED 4 processor also enables a wealth of speed throughout the camera system, including support for Full HD 1080p movie recording and a full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 5 fps.
- SnapBridge Bluetooth Connectivity
- Supporting a wealth of sharing and tagging possibilities, the D3400 features built-in SnapBridge connectivity to permit seamless transferring of imagery to a mobile device. BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) technology enables communication between the camera and a smart device, and allows for automatic 2MP image transfers as you shoot. SnapBridge requires a one-time setup, for up to five unique devices, and also works in conjunction with NIKON IMAGE SPACE for backing up files and sharing imagery.
- Multi-CAM 1000 Autofocus Sensor
- Benefitting the high image quality is an apt AF system that employs 11 distinct AF points to quickly acquire focus in a range of lighting conditions from -1 to +19 EV.
- Full HD Movie Recording
- Full HD 1920 x 1080p movie recording is supported in multiple frame rates up to 60 fps, as well as HD 720p, in the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format. During recording, full-time autofocus can be employed, with face-detection and subject-tracking capabilities, for ensured sharpness with a wide variety of subject types. Additionally, a built-in monaural microphone can be used to record high-quality sound during movie recording.
- Body Design
- The D3400 integrates a large 3.0" 921k-dot LCD monitor, which features a 170° viewing angle to better support viewing capabilities from high and low working angles. Alternatively, a bright pentamirror optical viewfinder is also integrated into the design for precise eye-level viewing and real-time monitoring of subjects.
A built-in pop-up flash is also available for additional illumination when working in low-light conditions and supports Nikon's i-TTL flash metering system. A hot shoe can be used, too, for connection and optional external flash for even greater lighting control.
- AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Lens
- Included with the camera body is the standard zoom AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR lens, which provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 27-82.5mm. Featuring an integrated pulse stepping motor, this lens exhibits exceptionally smooth, fast, and quiet autofocus performance to suit both stills and video recording. The optical design incorporates a pair of aspherical elements and a Super Integrated Coating is also featured to suppress lens flare and ghosting. Additionally, this lens also features Vibration Reduction image stabilization to minimize the appearance of camera shake when shooting handheld.
|Lens Mount||Nikon F|
|Camera Format||DX / (1.5x Crop Factor)|
|Pixels||Actual: 24.7 Megapixel
Effective: 24.2 Megapixel
|Max Resolution||24 MP: 6000 x 4000|
|Sensor Type / Size||CMOS, 23.5 x 15.6 mm|
Still Images: JPEG, RAW
Movies: MOV, MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
Audio: Linear PCM
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|Memory Card Type||SD
|Focus Type||Auto & Manual|
|Focus Mode||Automatic (A), Continuous-Servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 11|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 0.85x|
|Diopter Adjustment||-1.7 to +0.5 m|
|Display Screen||3" Rear Screen LCD (921,000)|
|Diagonal Angle of View||170.0°|
|Self Timer||2 Seconds, 5 Seconds, 10 Seconds, 20 Seconds|
|Connectivity||HDMI C (Mini), Micro-USB, USB 2.0|
|Battery||1 x EN-EL14A Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 1230 mAh|
|AC Power Adapter||EH-5b (Optional)|
32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||4.9 x 3.9 x 3.0" / 124.0 x 98.0 x 75.5 mm|
|Weight||13.933 oz / 395 g|